Wizarding XP is the base Experience Points (XP) that is awarded in the game. While some tasks may award a specific type of XP related to that task, it will also award basic Wizarding XP, which determines your overall level in the game.
Wizarding XP is signified by the yellow XP symbol (pictured above).
You will gain Wizarding XP for the following tasks...
- Collecting a Daily Treasure that awards XP
- Returning a Foundable
- A Victorious Fortress Challenges
- A Defeated Fortress Challenge
- Opening a Portkey
- Opening a Gift from a Friend
- Completing a Statute of Secrecy (SOS) Assignment
- Some Achievements award Wizarding XP
Consuming a Baruffio's Brain Elixir will double the amount of Wizarding XP that is awarded for each task.
Opening Portkeys will often result in Wizarding XP being award.
The first time you are awarded Wizarding XP from a Portkey you will earn 50 XP. That amount will double each time you obtain another amount of Wizarding XP from the same Portkey.
Should you have a Baruffio's Brain Elixir active at the time, these amounts are doubled.
Hints and Tips
- Hoard your Unlocked Portkeys until you have a large number of them. Use a Baruffio's Brain Elixir and then open all the Portkeys while the Brain Elixir is active. This is the most efficient manner in which to obtain the maximum amount out of each Portkey
- You don't have to tap on all the Wrackspurts to gain the rewards for a Portkey. Once you have collected the first Wrackspurt, exit the Portkey and you will still receive all the rewards for that Portkey. This will help you open up all your Portkeys quickly so that you can then go on to opening Gifts from Friends and then go back to returning Foundables
The amount of Wizarding XP you gain from returning Foundables is based on two factors:
The amount you earn for returning a Foundable can range from 50 for a basic Foundable, to 610 for returning an Emergency Threat Level Foundable with a Masterful spell cast, on your first attempt.
If you've consumed a Baruffio's Brain Elixir, those amounts will be doubled for each Foundable you return while the Elixir is still active.
XP for Threat Level
The base amount of Wizarding XP you earn for returning a Foundable is based on the threat level they pose towards breaking the Statute of Secrecy. The greater the threat level, the more XP you will be awarded if you defeat the Confoundable protecting/harassing it.
Bonus Wizarding XP is then awarded based the quality of the spell you cast to defeat the Confoundable.
|First Spell Cast**||+10|
* never cast by you before
** against this specific Confoundable
When you have complete a Registry Page you can "reset" the page. This will clear our all the "stickers" in that page giving you a fresh page to collect all the Foundables again. You will still gain the 250 bonus XP for returning a Foundable, even though you have completed the page previously. If the Foundable entry changes from white to the full colour, fully registered entry, you get the bonus XP. So remember to burn Baruffio's Brain Elixir when you're collecting Foundables for a Registry Family that you've cleared out.
Chambers with higher ratings will award greater amounts of Wizarding XP than lower ranked Chambers.
Hints and Tips
- Remember Baruffio's Brain Elixir will grant you double XP for Fortress Challenges for 30 minutes after you consume the potion, however you may find that given how long it takes to complete the challenge, that you'll receive more XP returning Foundables than completing Fortress Challenges
- You will receive more Wizarding XP if you complete a Fortress Challenge with people that are not in your Friends list, but this will mean that you'll miss out on having the Friend Bonus applied to your Challenge XP rewards (which is where you really want the bonus applied)